Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Car issues
Just filling people in on the latest issue for me. So here's the deal, I'm 17 and I'm trying to show people how responsible I can be. I don't have a car in my possession yet but I'm trying to get one. Every time I've had a potential car my mom talks to her boyfriend and suddenly i cant get it I know she's looking out for me but its hard to remember that sometimes, exceptionally since I have my selfish teenage moments when all i care about is myself, what i want, and how I'm gonna get it. right now i have a car lined up for me to get once I finish my term paper and apply to be on staff at Hantesa (for those who don't know what that is; its a camp that I've been going to for pretty much ever!). So I'm pretty close but I'm not there yet. Check you later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You know, when I was 17 (go ahead, make the face..) Cars were very different than they are now. Having a car is a great freedom, an awesome powerful tool that can do so much for you.
ReplyDeleteBut just like Star Wars, the force has a dark side.
First, many young adults fail to consider what a car really costs. If you were to buy a cheap new car, you would need 16,000 or so dollars, or spread over 5-6 years, 300 bucks a month for the payment, plus insurance.
You save for a used car, buy it, pay the tax on it, insure it and put plates on it. Then you'll need to maintain it, put tires and brakes on it, and the dark side for even a used car will demand 3-400 dollars a month from you.
Parents don't say no just for the hell of it, we have a few years experiance of screwing things up all ready.
Try to think about what a car will really cost you, then talk to another adult, a teacher you like, someone you work with, and ask for what a car costs them..
Then decide if your ready to pay the price...
Good Luck!! And keep blogging.
Yup, I mentioned you!! I hope you get your car, babe! Remember, I'm eighteen and still don't have one...yet. Don't worry, Mel, you'll get it.
ReplyDelete